Buying snow boots for children or for boys, girls or even for little kids? Good thing about snow boots is they don’t differ much and have almost the common features as women’s snow boots and men’s snow boots. But you need to make a difference between winter boots and snow boots as they are worn in wet conditions too, unlike the former.
Winter boots specifically cater to long time snow wearing in little wet or muddy condition and rarely offer features commonly found in snow boots. Consider the following points when buying snow boots Resistant Booties for Men Women Kids B071DV97M3.
1. Height of snow boots must be sufficient to prevent snow entry. Ideally they extend beyond ankles but usually above the pants’ hemline. Generally they are 7.9″ tall for both women and men.
2. The uppers need to have leathers or synthetic leathers with seams taped or sealed for wetness protection. Fleeced cuffs with or without drawcords prevent snow entry to protect from cold and frost bite. Alternately, North Face Boots and Salomon Boots have tested successfully with soft acrylic wools in place of wools. Sorel Boots offers vulcanized rubber toe and side covers.
3. Look for soles; 100% waterproofing needs to be the only invariable option. Consider ease of cleaning also, most of them can be just hosed off.
4. Check for the removable thermofelt inner boots which you may need for long treks.
5. Wear the snow boots before making the decision. Sizes vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and from women’s snow boots to men’s snow boots. You need to be carefully even while changing your old brand; for example, Merrell Boots’ size may differ from others’.